Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Stylish Blogger Award!


This morning I found out I had been given a very sweet Blog Award, by Mary of Crocheting the Day Away - one of my favorite crochet blog buddies!


Here's what Mary had to say about me:

Sarah has been a big inspiration for me! She is definitely someone I look up to for crocheting. And can I just say, I think it’s amazing she can get in some time to be creative and crafty when she’s taking care of 5 kiddos, one being a new baby.

Thanks so much Mary!  It's so nice to know that, as a blogger you're not just throwing stuff out into cyber-space - that someone is actually listening!!  I so appreciate all of my readers and followers...It's great to have some really cool adults to connect with!!

So...

Here's my job now:  I need to tell you seven random things about myself, and then pass this lovely award along to seven other wonderful bloggers!

Here goes:

1.  I met my husband in a community theatre production of Fiddler on the Roof.  (During the one scene where guys and girls dance together, we were partners!)
2.  I recently did the cover art for a book that my brother and his good friend wrote and published, The Tale of Telsharu.  (You can see more about it HERE.)
3.  I am addicted to So You Think You Can Dance?
4.  My favorite type of food is soup.  I love all kinds of soup.
5.  I've moved 17 times in my 32 years of life, attended four different Elementary Schools, two Junior Highs, and two High Schools.
6.  I'm 5' 1" tall and my maiden name was Stubbs.  Nice.
7.  I also make paper maché masks that I sell on my sisters Etsy site, HERE.

So now I get to pass this award onto a few of you!

Rachel of Maybe Matilda

Rachel is not only SUPER TALENTED, but she's also hi-lar-i-ous.  On her blog she shares the most beautiful sewing projects and super fun crochet stuff!!  And she always makes me smile!  I love her to pieces!  If you're not already a fan of her awesomeness, you need to be!!

Alexis of Persia Lou

Alexis has the cutest blog ever.  I love it!  I love that she shares all sorts of wonderful projects there, from recipes, to home decor ideas, to sewing projects, to crochet stuff, to paper creations...you get the idea!  She's a creative ball of energy!  If you haven't checked out her blog, you need to go do it right now!!!

Shannon from Shannon Makes Stuff

Shannon always has the funnest crafts, activities and clothing refashion ideas!! I love how she can something and make it into something completely different and beautiful!!  Plus she's one rockin' Mom!! Love that!!

Nike from Choose to THRIVE

Nike is  one of my heros.  Her motto is "Rock-what-ya-got." and she sets a pretty high standard!  Her blog is FILLED with thrifty ideas for all sorts of crafts and decor ideas made using supplies that don't cost you anything!!  AWESOME!

Lauren of Daisy Cottage Designs

Lauren has the cutest crochet blog!  She makes the most darling hats you've ever seen - and she even shares patterns on her blog sometimes!!! WOOT! She also makes the cutest printables and tutorials! 

Kristy of Paisley Jade 

Kristy is another of those super creative and funny bloggers that I love!  I love her sense of humor!  She has the most lovely crochet stuff on her blog.  She also shares yummy recipes and other fun stuff she loves!!

Katie of Notes From a Very Red Kitchen

Katie is a super cute, super fun sewing blogger!  I love the projects she shares on her blog, and all of the other fun family time thoughts!  She's such an inspiring mom and creator!

Thanks again so much, Mary!!  Hope you all have fun checking out these other fun blogs!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic