Friday, September 24, 2010

Feature Friday: janedean




This week's Friday Finds Feature is Heather Dean, of janedean on Etsy. She also has an independent website, you can visit here.



I came across her shop, because my lovely sister, Amanda (who was featured in this post), told me I HAD to see this amazing stuff! I love that she uses old things and makes them new! What a great way to recycle things that most people would trash, and turn them into beautiful treasures!



Heather uses found objects, old jewelry, and recycled items to make the most amazing jewelry and magnets you've ever seen! They're simply gorgeous!



Here's a little bit about her from her profile on Etsy:

"...My business is named after my grandmother Jane Dean, a woman who loved jewelry and accessories.

I love to recycle! Most of my designs are made with salvaged vintage components. I especially like using broken and damaged parts that are destined for the trash. I enjoy the challenge of turning old unwanted things into new pieces that people will enjoy wearing or displaying in their home. I have been selling my handmade designs online since 2002.

I studied jewelry design in school, as well as sculpture, printmaking, drawing and painting before earning a degree in art history from UCLA. I also have an extensive retail background that includes sales, management and visual merchandising.



She also has a supply shop on Etsy, which you can visit by clicking here.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic